Glossary of unfamiliar terms:
- Ana-Kata, extradimensional directions, useful for moving around in Impossible Architecture.
- Alijon, a commune for the purposes of childrearing.
- Briefling, tiny Horse-like sprites that live for a day.
- Confabulations, creatures that appear around Elfin Paths.
- Dividuals, an ideal among the Horses, represents a compromise between your needs and that of society.
- Dyssed, narrow in the 4th dimension.
- Elfin paths, line fractures in the fabric of reality.
- Elfin Waters, the oceanic version of Elfin paths.
- Fractal islands, a self similar clusters of islands: clusters of clusters of clusters of clusters...
- Hyperian, wide in the 4th dimension.
- Individuals, the natural state of being a person, which is seen as underevolved and immature in Horse-culture.
- Ocherous, the planet this all takes place on.
- Old Planet, euphemism for earth, the birthplace of humanity.
- Oneiromancy, letters as spell components for manipulating dreams. It is used to fight against Apparitions. Especially effective in the Dreaming. Illusion magic.
- Rootwork, the tradition of using the secondary properties of plants to create advanced machines.
- Three Moons, Ocherous has three moons of varying size. Prim, Secunda and Metamoon, which orbits Prim.
- Vatch, psychatric condition whereby the person starts believing the world is simply their dream.